Canelo Alvarez beats Rocky Fielding to win the WBA super middleweight championship. Who is next for the new 168-pound champion? Daniel Jacobs would be an easy fight to make. There is always a third bout with Gennady Golovkin. I think those are the two most likely options.
Vasiliy Lomachenko beat Jose Pedraza to add the WBO lightweight championship to his WBA lightweight championship. So what is next for Lomachenko? Will he face the winner of a possible Richard Commey/Isa Chaniev fight for the IBF championship? I personally fell his options at lightweight are limited and will need Alberto Machado, Gervonta Davis & Miguel Berchelt to move up from super featherweight. He may need to move up in weight sooner rather than later. That includes for a possible matchup with Mikey Garcia. Please Subscribe to Sports Talk With Troy! YouTubeLink It really helps me grow and sustain the channel. Including better equipment!
The Deontay Wider vs. Tyson Fury heavyweight championship fight ended in a controversial draw. I will try to explain why the result was not so outrageous. (I am not saying that I agree). As well as what is likely next for Deontay Wilder & Tyson Fury.
WBC/Lineal Heavyweight Championship Fight Prediction! Deontay Wilder 40(39)-0 puts his WBC Heavyweight Championship on the line against Tyson Fury 27(19)-0 who holds the unofficial Lineal Heavyweight Championship. the fight is at The Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
Please Subscribe to Sports Talk With Troy YouTube!
Official Sports Talk With Troy Facebook
obinhood Affiliate link Free Stock!
Terence Crawford vs Jose Benavidez Hypeleast Terence Crawford possibly the best boxer in the world defends his WBO welterweight world championship this weekend in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. Against Jose Benavidez unbeaten former world champion The fight hs received pretty much zero hype. Please Subscribe to Sports Talk With Troy! My October Pound 4 pound Boxing Rankings! Want A FREE share of a stock? Use this Affiliate Link to start an account with Robinhood https://share.robinhood.com/troyg211
College Football Top 8 For Week 6. NCAA Rankings for week 6. These are the eight teams who I fell are playing the best football right now. This does not reflect who I think is going to finish as one of the four playoff teams or who will beat who in the future.
You can Subscribe to Sports Talk With Troy on YouTubeby clicking This Link
If you use this Affiliate Link to start an account with Robinhood we each get one free share of a mystery stock. If you stop and think about it. It’s pretty much free money! Robinhood
USC Football 3 2 State Of The Team A Fan’s View. Going into a bye week before facing undefeated Colorado. The USC Trojans are 3-2. What’s going on with the team? This Trojans fan gives my perspective in this state of the team. Please Help Me Grow Sports Talk With Troy by Subscribing Click Here
It’s easy and it’s free! Speaking of free If You start a Robinhood account with this Affiliate Link Robinhood we both get one free share of a random stock!
Top 6 Best Boxers October 2018 Sports Talk With Troy My Top 6 Pound For Pound Boxers. As of October 1, 2018. I am only going by the level of opponent and quality of result from October 1 2016-October 1 2018. Why 6? Why not? Speaking of why not. Why not Subscribe to Sports talk With Troy? Please Click This Link It’s free, easy and you will know when my next awesome video is. Also clicking the bell notification helps too.
Want a free share of a stock? I do too. If you start a Robinhood account with this Affiliate Link We both get one free random share of a stock. https://share.robinhood.com/troyg211
I am Always Updating My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/tfgrudin/
More from my USC Trojan inspired Nike ID Series.
With LeBron James joining the Lakers I decided to create Soldier XII in USC Trojan colors. On a personal note, I am not a Lakers fan.
The First Is inspired by The Football Helmet. Football Helmet Inspired
Outside of Football, Every USC Team seems to have a black uniform. Black With Cardinal Strap & Gold Lettering
USC’s Women’s 4×100 Realy team made an incredible comeback to win the race and take home a National Championship! White Women’s 4X100 Victory Inspired!
Not affiliate links. I am in no way sponsored or have any relationship with Nike.
Tiger Woods Makes Golf Compelling Like No One Else Can! Let’s be honest no one can draw interest in golf (or maybe any sport) The way Tiger Woods has Rather he’s dominating like he did in his prime, or if he in contention to win a major like he was in this weekend’s PGA Championship, or in the recent British Open. There have been and more importantly are other talented and accomplished golfers, but none of them carry the sport like Tiger does.
On Saturday, August 4th, 2018 Dmitry Bivol beats Isaac Chilemba 120-108, 120-108 & 116-112 to retain the WBA light heavyweight championship to retain the WBA light heavyweight championship.
In the main event. Eleider Alvarez stunned Sergey Kovalev (and just about everyone) with a round 7 knockout to win the WBO light heavyweight championship.
All videos are from my Sports Talk With Troy YouTube.
Sports Talk With Troy’s Top Ten Pound For Pound Boxers August 2018
Pound 4 Pound Aug 2018
Even if we have strict criteria, rankings are always subjective. So I won’t pretend that this reflects anything other than my opinion. I may or may not be an expert, but I am a long time fan with an informed and knowledgeable opinion. (You might or might agree with my rankings), but I fell that my rankings reflect an informed and knowledgeable opinion.
I try my best to have constant criteria. There are guys who are extraordinary good boxers, who for whatever reason haven’t done enough in the given timeframe to be ranked.
Based on the quality of opposition and quality of win/performance Aug 1, 2016- Aug 1, 2018. I fell that 2 years is the right timeframe. Active Pound 4 Pound should be about who is the best Active boxer Right Now. Not A career achievement award. That is for career ATG Pound 4 Pound.
Wins and losses before are not taken into consideration.
Does Not Reflect my opinion about possible head to head matchups.
The Four Who Can Be King! I fell there are only four boxers who can make a claim to being the sports best at this time. I fell The first two have a greater claim than the next two.
Terence Crawford 4(4)-0-0. John Molina Jr TKO 8/12, Felix Diaz R 10/12, Julius Indongo KO 3/12, Jeff Horn TKO 9/12. I have considered Terence Crawford to be the best boxer in the world for some time. It is only recently that I feel others have joined him in the debate for the title of best boxer in the world.
2. Vasyl Lomachenko. 5(5)-0-0. Nicholas Walters R 7/12, Jason Sosa R 9/12, Miguel Marriaga R 7/12, Guillermo Rigondeaux R 6/12, Jorge Linares TKO 10/12.
I had at one time considered Bud and Loma 1A & 1B. However, given time to consider my opinion. I fell that Lomachenko is gaining ground, but Crawford is still in the lead. You can poke holes at the quality of opposition for both Crawford & Lomachenko, but I honestly don’t think any argument against the quality of their opponents can explain their absolute dominance of their opponents.
3. Oleksandr Usyk. 6(2)-0-0. Krzysztof Glowacki UD 12/12, Thabiso Mchunu KO 9/12, Michael Hunter UD 12/12, Marco Huck TKO 10/12, Mairis Briedis MD 12/12, Murat Gassiev UD 12/12.
All things considered, Briedis and Gassiev are higher quality opponents than anyone Crawford & Lomchenko beat in the allotted timeframe. While the quality of Usyk’s opposition is better than Crawford’s & Lomachenko’s. Despite his great showing against Gassiev. He struggled a bit against Hunter & Briedis.
4. Mikey Garcia. 4(1)-0-0 Dejan Zlaticanin KO 3/12, Adrien Broner UD 12/12, Sergey Lipinets UD 12/12, Robert Easter Jr. Now that I am taking an even harder look at this resume. It’s hard to argue against it. However, Zlaticanin has since taken another KO loss, Broner would have been a more interesting fight a few years before, I think Lipinets is good but inexperienced. Unlike Lomachenko and Usyk Lipinets has a limited amateur career and a background in kickboxing. Easter had a lot of hype before winning the IBF Lightweight Championship, but hs not really lived up to it.
Filling out the next 5.While I fell there is a gap between #1 & #4. I fell there is a bigger gap between #4 & #5.
5. Anthony Joshua. 4(3)-0-0. Eric Molina TKO 3/12, Wladimir Klitschko TKO 11/12, Carlos Takam TKO 10/12, Joseph Parker UD 12/12. Not bad in overall quality. However, Molina, Takam & Parker all took losses after Joshua beat them. There might be circumstances to explain Takam’s & Parker’s losses, but they are still l legit losses. Klitchko was coming off a loss and a long layoff.
6. Errol Spence Jr 4(4)-0-0. Leonard Bundu KO 6/12, Kell Brook KO 11/12, Lamont Peterson R 7/12, Carlos Ocampo KO 1/12. Is The Truth’s resume as good as the boxers above him? No, and I’m not arguing that it is. However, it’s a pretty good resume. Bundu is a more than solid veteran who’s only other loss was to Keith Thurman, who if active would probably be on this and your top 10. I give the Brook win more weight because it took place in Brook’s hometown of Sheffield. To me going into a champion’s backyard (even if he was coming off a bad loss). Is really impressive. Peterson is not elite, but he’s still a championship-worthy boxer. I will say that even though Ocampo was the IBF’s top contender. I look at it more of a hometown showcase fight & the week link on his resume.
7. Gennady Golovkin. 3(2)-0-1, Kell Brook TKO 5/12, Daniel Jacobs UD 12/12, Saul Alvarez D 12/12, Vanes Martirosyan KO 2/2. Did I rank GGG to high or too Low? . I have to rank him above Canelo because I fell that he won their fight. When he fought Brook he was souped to fight Chris Eubank Jr, but Eubank pulled out of the fight. Brook who came up 2 divisions was a replacement. Just like Rigo/Loma. I have to consider that in my rankings. I think it was close, but I thought Jacobs beat GGG. I’m not calling GGG’s draw with Canelo or GGG’s win over Jacobs robberies. Just close fights that I don’t agree with the judges. However, I think Jacobs was closer to beating GGG than Canelo was to drawing with him. No GGG should not have fought Sergiy Derevyanchenko on short notice. Martirosyan is a championship quality boxer (at light middleweight) and coming off a long layoff. Again that is taken into consideration. Had he fought and beaten Derevyanchenko last notice. I would probably rank him above Joshua and Spence.
8. Saul Alvarez. 2(1)-0-1. Liam Smith KO 9/12, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. UD 12/12, Gennady Golovkin D 12/12. I think Smith is a quality boxer who can push anyone. Chavez Jr was never going to be his Father, but I think the pre-Sergio Martinez version of Chavez Jr. would have put up a fight. I fell that GGG beat Canelo, and because their bout was within the timeframe I fell I have to rank GGG higher.
9. Miguel Berchelt. 4(3)-0-0. Francisco Vargas KO 11/12, Takashi Miura UD 12/12, Maxwell Awuku TKO 3/12, Jonathan Victor Barros TKO 3/12. His resume is bottom heavy with his best win being Vargas and Miura.
10. Leo Santa Cruz. 3(1)-0-0. Carl Frampton MD 12/12, Chris Avalos KO 8/12, Abner Mares UD 12/12. Santa Cruz is here by a thin thread. His win over Frampton is the second of two fights. The first was won by Frampton on 7/30/2016. Just two days before the cutoff. His fight with Mares was also before the cutoff. He won that one too.
I am aware there may be a few boxers I left off my rankings that might be on yours. It’s not that I don’t think they have the skills. I just don’t fell that they did as much from August first, 2016 through August first, 2018.